Friday, September 21, 2007

Another Golden Oldie

This picture is another one that reminds me of one of my sons. He was about at this age when I stitched this. I love the duck It is also from an old Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazine from around 1989-90. It is worked on 45ct linen over 2 with 1 strand of DMC thread.
This is an old Permin Sampler that I worked in 1983. I don't know if you can still get it as I haven't seen it around for a long time. My sister originally bought it but she never finished hers.
I worked mine on 32ct antique white linen with the required DMC threads.
And this is the companion piece to the one on the previous post. It is also by Shepherds Bush and I just love both of them. It worked with a mixture of DMC threads, Pearl Cotton, Mill House Beads and Mother of Pearl Buttons, the same as the other one. I also thought that I'd show you my beautiful angel that my husband bought for me last Christmas her name is "Grace" and also a little bit of my Rose of Shannon Quilt that I made yonks ago.

Thank for your lovely comments. Its nice to be appreciated. I hope for all have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Yuko said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog and lovely comment!
When I opened your blog, this sweet boy with duck just came into my eyes and Wow! I thought it's so cute!!
I have 2 year old son, so I really like these lovely children design!
SB is also absolutely beautiful!

Kitty said...

Hi. I was just sat here (in the UK) doing some blog-browsing and landed at your page.
You have completed some beautiful work - I admire your talent.
Take care - and keep on blogging!
Kitty :-)